How to install terminal on Mac OS?
Please pay your attention! Developers of Wine do not guarantee the stable operation of their product. Thus, some of the app features may not work correctly.
We recommend to use PlayOnMac application for installation the terminal on Mac OS. PlayOnMac - is a program, based on Wine that is freely available and allows you to install Windows-based software in Mac OS.
How to install PlayOnMac?
- To do this, you should go to the official website of the program. Then follow to the Downloads section and download the latest version of the product.
- Download and run the installer DMG-package.
- Then you will see a window of the first opening of PlayOnMac. Click "Next" in order to the installer check and set up all the components which are necessary for work.
- One of the most necessary components to work is considered to be XQuartz. This application allows you to use X Window System in Mac OS. It also includes standard tools and protocols of creating the graphical client interface in Unix OS.
- Perhaps you have previously installed XQuartz or want to install it later. Then you should select «Do not install XQuartz for the moment» or «I've downloaded file by myself», respectively.
Installing of Xquartz takes place in several levels. First you'll need to look through "Read Me" and accept the license agreement.
- Also, before the first stage of installation Mac OS will ask you to enter a password of your account.
- Wait for the full completion of installation. Then restart your computer to allow the changes take an effect.
- After rebooting the OS system, run PlayOnMac again. We remind you that this file is in the Downloads folder by default. The first launch window will greet you again. At this time, the installer will offer you to install the MS Windows fonts. Correctness of the work will depend on this.
- Confirm the acceptance of license conditions and wait for the end of installation process. Now PlayOnMac is ready for use. Here is the main window of the program:
How to install MetaTrader 4 terminal?
- To get started, download the installation file gainsy4setup.exe. Then run it. The installer will be automatically opened through PlayOnMac.
- Next there will be opened the installation menu of the terminal. Complete all steps of installation and end the process correctly.
- After installation, you can create shortcuts to the terminal components. For client MT4 and MetaEditor code editor:
- You are now ready to launch the trading terminal. Select terminal in PlayOnMac window and click on it twice.
How to update the Wine?
Wine version 1.4 will be installed in parallel with PlayOnMac. The most stable version of Wine now - is 1.4.1. The beta version of Wine 1.5.21 is also available for download, but it can be less stable. Although it contains a large amount of improvement. We advise you to install the latest version of Wine.
- If you want to upgrade Wine to the latest version, you have to open Tools menu at the top of application and select the Manage Wine Versions.
- Then you will see a window with possible Wine versions to install. Click on the most recent - 1.5.21 at this moment.
- Drag and drop the required version to right column of the window. Then there will begin installation. Wait until the process will be completed.
After installation, you can use the new version of Wine. It will appear at the left of PlayOnMac wine versions manager.
The most common problems
We have already mentioned that Wine application is not sufficiently stable. Some terminal options may not work properly. Here are some of the known issues:
- Market does not work.
Other terminal functions in Mac are available for use in full.
Registry data terminal
PlayOnMac creates a separate virtual logical disk with the necessary environment for every installed program. After installation this registry can be found at the following location:
Library\PlayOnMac\WinePrefix\Client_Terminal_\Drive C\Program Files\Client Terminal
GAINSY MT4 Desktop Platform
System requirements: Windows, Linux (Unix), Mac OS.